Sharing work from home tips and experience
Latest news on Work from Home Wisdom
I’m delighted that so many readers have been contributing their experiences to Work from Home Wisdom lately. We’ve had all kinds of tips, from taming your inbox and working in a very small space to selling online and wasting time when you work from home!
- Our new series What’s in Your Bag? is going well – so far we’ve had three bag openers reveal what they carry on the move, plus we’ve picked the pockets of a home worker who prefers not to carry a bag at all. And already we have more bags waiting to be examined – for example, you’ll be able to check out what a celebrant carries in her bag when she’s conducting a ceremony like a wedding, funeral or naming ceremony.
- There are more home offices promised too, but for some reason everyone seems to want to spring clean or redecorate before showing us where they work! We’d be delighted if anyone is brave enough to show us a before and after home office makeover – who’s up for it? And I’m still looking for the first under-stairs workspace for the gallery. Do you have one or know someone who has?
- Do you work in an extremely niche business or job? We’d love to interview you for the Unusual Home Working Jobs series, which now numbers over 20 home workers doing diverse jobs, from magician to cow painter!
- Forthcoming guest blogs include an extract from Francesca Geens excellent new ebook The Ultimate Guide To Technology For Independent Professionals, advice from a lawyer to make sure you get paid for your hard work, and why and how to work with an accountability partner (I could do with that!) plus much more.
- Katie Macdonald, one of our panel of reviewers of work from home products and services, has suggested we provide a badge or button to home workers who have been featured on the site. Thanks, Katie, that’s a great idea and it will be ready soon.
Do get in touch if you would like to share your own experiences or have some tips you think other home workers will benefit from. If you have tried to use the Work from Home Wisdom contact form recently and had no luck or not heard back from me, my apologies. We had a recurring problem, but it’s sorted out now, so please try again.
And don’t hesitate to let us know if you have an idea for a new series – naturally we will give you all the credit Don’t be shy, your nugget of work from home wisdom could be just what another home worker needs to get them through a bad patch or answer a longstanding question.
- PR for the home business owner
- Small business Christmas ad 2013
- 3 quality free resources for home business
- Unusual home working jobs – Spud the home working cat
- Building a better home business blog
- Garden offices – how to choose the best for you
- Changes to Work from Home Wisdom
- The fascinating world of garden office owners
- Can you work away from home in a swimsuit?
- Unusual homeworking jobs – Swedish dishcloth designer