Coach Susan Tomlinson opens her bag
Here’s the latest in our popular series about the things home workers take with them when they’re working away from home.
Susan is a business coach and mentor who specialises in working with female entrepreneurs and solo professionals who are ready and willing to do whatever it takes to build a successful business that supports the lifestyle of their choice:
As a Business Coach and Mentor for female entrepreneurs I work mainly from my home office, on the phone or via Skype. In between private coaching sessions I deliver workshops and networking events and attend in-person meetings, so I need to take my mini office with me when I’m working away from home.
Here’s a peek at what I carry in my navy LK Bennett bag when I’m working away from home
- I am SO attached to my iPad that it goes everywhere with me. I love it! Even when I’m at the hairdressers I can catch up on social media and episodes of the ‘Good Wife’! I don’t have an iPhone though! I’m very attached to my Blackberry for ‘phone calls and emails. I know I’m in the minority now but just can’t ditch it…yet!
- I also carry a Flip video. It’s small, the quality is good and it’s great for capturing testimonials from clients or clips from my events.
- Despite all this technology I do use lots of notebooks as, wherever I am, I jot down ideas and lists of things to do. This colourful notebook, by Caroline Gardner, is accompanied by a Cross green pen.
- My red Furla purse is really a bag within a bag. It holds my business cards, receipts, increasing numbers of loyalty cards (everything from yoga to cosmetics) and money.
- To keep me feeling good throughout the day I use a Bobbi Brown lipstick, Pai Bergamot Lip Balm and Clinique handcream.
- I try to eat healthy foods but often I’m tempted by hot chocolate and croissants when I’m working away from home. Fortunately one of my clients introduced me to Bounce Natural Energy Balls which are high in protein and 100% natural. This one is an Almond Protein Hit which I promptly ate after the photo was taken. Yummy!
What’s in your bag when you’re working away from home? Send me a photo and a description of the contents of your mobile working bag and I’ll publish them here with a link to your site or blog.
Enjoyed this? Check out more home workers opening their bags in the What’s in Your Bag? series