Never miss a call with telephone answering.
Ever wondered how support for your calls could help you work smarter? Charlie Dalton, home worker and director of Smart Garden Offices, talks to Moneypenny about his experience of using telephone answering to support his business.
What do you enjoy about home working?
I enjoy the flexibility of working from home; rigid hours don’t suit me or my business so having an office in my garden suits me very well.
What made you approach a telephone answering service?
I’m often on the road and realised I could no longer justify answering the growing number of enquiries I was getting during these times.
What were you looking for in a provider?
Friendly professionalism – it’s a big leap of faith to hand over your ‘front page’ to a bunch of strangers! I was looking for impressive thoroughness from every member of the team: from the initial trial through to contact on a daily basis.
Why does telephone answering work for you?
I’ve encountered several telephone answering providers over the years as a caller, but this type of service is only worth investing in if they get to know your business and work exactly as if they’re based in your office. Amanda, my virtual PA, is a real gem and there is great empathy between us. Her fellow team members are just as friendly and reliable too. [That’s Alyce in the photo!] I remain a very happy user of telephone answering.
Finding the right telephone answering provider for you
There’s no doubt entrusting someone else with your calls is a big step. It’s important to do your research and ask around: who are people recommending? Here are just a few things to consider when choosing a provider that’s right for you:
- Is there a set up fee?
- Do they offer a no-obligation free trial period?
- How long does it take to set up your account?
- Are there any charges to transfer calls?
- Are there extra charges to send messages by text or email?
- Do you get your own dedicated PA?
- Will you be tied into a long-term contract?
- Will you be charged to have out-of-hours voicemail?
- Can you access your call log online or via an app?
- Will you be charged to make admin changes?
- If you work in a certain industry, are they affiliated to any sector organisations? Often, you can get better deals this way
Moneypenny has been providing telephone answering support for business since 2000 and is the UK’s market leader, with a reputation for consistently high service levels and an innovative approach.